Hi I’m Melissa… Welcome to my website! I was born and raised in Santa Fe, NM. I attended college at NMSU in Las Cruces NM, and currently live with my husband and 3 children in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. My journey into the special education world began about 8 years ago when my oldest son was diagnosed with a severe speech impairment at age 3. I remember attending his IEP meetings those first few years and feeling completely overwhelmed. A few years later my youngest son was born with Down syndrome. It was at this point I knew my journey was about to get even more complicated. Then my oldest daughter suffered from a concussion that caused a traumatic brain injury. I suddenly had 3 kids who would all needed help to access their education. As if that wasn’t already a lot to take in, my youngest son received a second diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder. My children and their journey to access their education is what inspired me to become an Master IEP Coach and begin helping families navigate the process.
- Master IEP Coach®
- Participant in Catherine Whitcher, M.ED Master IEP Coach® mentorship program
- Special Needs Advocate
- Received a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and Masters Degree in Business Administration from New Mexico State University
- Previously served as a member of the Board for the Rio Grande Down Syndrome Network in Albuquerque, NM
- Participant at the Special Education Parent Advisory Council meetings for her children’s local school district
- Completed several IEP workshops offered both locally and at the national level through the National Down Syndrome Congress.
# of kids I have
# of countries I lived in
# of cups of coffee I drink daily
% of time I sleep a full night
Address: 1380 Rio Rancho, Blvd #296
Rio Rancho, NM 87124
Business Hours: Mon/Fri 12:30-3, Tues/Thurs 9-11 & 12:30-3, or by appt.